Looking to advance your legal career in a Toronto law firm that does things differently? MMW wants to hear from you.
Lawyers, please forward your resume, cover letter and a piece of legal writing to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Law Clerks, please forward your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com
Legal Administrative Assistant
Support Staff • Full Time • Toronto, ON
Moodie Mair Walker LLP is a downtown Toronto litigation boutique offering competitive salary, benefits, vacation time and a welcoming office environment. We are seeking a Legal Administrative Assistant to join our team.
The ideal candidate will be an energetic self-starter with the necessary skills to assist in the day to day running of a very busy partner’s practice. You will ensure smooth running of files and effective case management by providing legal assistance under the supervision of a partner. Must be able to work well independently and as a part of a team. Previous civil litigation experience a definite asset.
- Drafting/preparing and proofreading correspondence;
- Drafting/preparing and assembling civil court documents;
- Filing legal documents with civil courts;
- Editing/revising monthly accounts;
- Managing calendars/scheduling meetings, appointments, motions and travel itineraries;
- Opening and closing files;
- Collaborating with firm staff;
- Providing backup support for staff absences where needed;
- Maintaining an organized filing system of paper and electronic documents;
- Developing and maintaining professionalism with staff;
- Strong understanding of the Rules of Civil Procedure;
- Strong communication skills;
- Advanced Microsoft Office and Adobe Acrobat skills;
- Experience with PC Law, Soluno, Worldox and Primafact are assets;
- Ability to become familiar with firm-specific styles and document expectations;
- Strong organizational and problem solving skills;
- Strong multitasking abilities with ability to prioritize in a fast-paced environment;
- Willingness to learn;
- Exceptional attention to detail and interpersonal skills;
- 7+ years experience in the civil industry.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience;
- Completion of a legal assistant or law clerk diploma;